Wednesday, January 25, 2012

How do I use my allvoi voip phone service with the Broadview security alarm system?

I use the Allvoi voip service for international calling. I have the Broadview alarm system. I bought a T jack from the local hardware store and tested the alarm. The alarm system does not get line seizure if someone is on the phone. How do I get line seizure with my Allvoi voip phone.



If there is no such device that provides line seizure then can someone suggest a cheap alternative coz broadview wants me to pay $225 for a wireless backup and wants to charge $10 /month for monitoring in additon to the $30 per month.How do I use my allvoi voip phone service with the Broadview security alarm system?
it is not about a device... it is about how it is wired to the alarm system...



i am assuming that you are using an analog telephone adapter, similar to a linksys SPA2101 (or similar) that will convert the VoIP signal for use with your analog telephones and equipment...



the dial tone from the ATA device needs to connect directly to the alarm system - it can not be split to the inside wiring, or your phones....



your phones / inside wiring in your home need to connect to the phone output of the alarm system...



having the dial tone enter into the alarm system first, and then connect to the rest of your home wiring is what allows the alarm system to seize the phone line...How do I use my allvoi voip phone service with the Broadview security alarm system?
Talk to Allvoi customer service. With your alarm system it may be cheaper to go back to a conventional land line phone, or have both landline and voip services, depending how much international calling you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment