Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Does this commercial make sense? Or is it faulty logic?

The commercial im taking about is the new Broadview security commercial

here is a link to in on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syjM1dPri鈥?/a>



In this commercial, a mother and a child are playing outside in their back yard, meanwhile a man is casing the house.

The mother and child walk into the house, so the mother can fix the child lunch

When they walk in the door they turn on the alarm



Why?

Why do they need the alarm on when they are in the house,

If they are really that concerned, why was the alarm not on when they were outside.



Tell me what you thinkDoes this commercial make sense? Or is it faulty logic?
If it were me, I would have it on both times. This way, if you have a huge house and someone breaks in on the other side of it the alarm would go off (assuming of course you didn't hear the break in) and the other thing to go along with those weird commercials...I would not want the call center person calling me, thereby tying up my phone line when I want to call 911 RIGHT NOW. I know they are going to be sending help but I would be in the state of mind that I need to make that call the second it happens.Does this commercial make sense? Or is it faulty logic?
The alarm probably wasn't on when she was outside

cause that could just be an inconvenience for her to turn it off

when she went back indoors, which I don't see anything wrong

in that sense, for 1 she is outside so if something happened

she could yell and be heard or someone could see that she is in trouble and help/get help. 2 she can also easily see if someone is walking around her neighborhood or coming to her front door and see the cars that are driving around the street.



But once she is inside no one could really hear her or see what she is doing, and she can no longer keep an open eye on what is going on in outside. So she turns on the alarm, for added security for self assurance.



With home invasions on the rise while people are at home it does make perfect sense. I have some friends that do work on the police force and I have heard some horror stories from them, about people just walking into houses while a mother and a child were home alone

and luckily the woman was able to call the police.



But anyway the commercial does make sense if you read the news and actually think about it

No comments:

Post a Comment