Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Broadview security question about wireless monitoring?

I have a brinks system with 1 year left on contract. I canceled my home phone line and brinks wants to charge me an extra $10 a month for wireless plus buy the $250 device. Does anyone know what the device is called how I could install it my self or give me any other idea of what to do? Anything will be appreciated.Broadview security question about wireless monitoring?
Presumably, you cancelled your land line. Did you get a voip line to replace it or are you going entirely cellular?

If you switched over to a voip line (using either dry DSL or your cable for internet), then you can plug the Brinks system into one of the phone connectors on your voip adapter (presuming you have one for regular phones and not just using your computer for making calls).



As to their wireless technology - doubtful they'll let you use anything else (unless you do what I suggested earlier). See if you can get the make %26amp; model of the device that they want you to buy and see if you can source it elsewhere for cheaper (make sure that they're ok with this before buying it though).



Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment